Criminal Investigation Division
The Criminal Investigation Division (CID) is tasked with the responsibility of investigating FELONY and some MISDEMEANOR incidents.
The Division has several sub-units that address various categories of criminal activity.
- Plain Cloths Detectives investigate the majority of criminal complaints, such as Larceny, Assaults, Embezzlements etc.
- Youth Detectives investigate the majority of complaints related to younger victims and suspects.
- Special Investigation Detectives investigations concern illicit drugs, gambling, human trafficking and other special assignments, as needed.
- At different times and to address other needs detectives may be assigned out to other State, Local, and Federal groups and task forces.
It is recommended that you call and set up an appointment to ensure a detective will be available when you come in.
If there is no answer when you call PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE.
INQUIRIES RELATED TO ONGOING INVESTIGATIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
(586) 775-8111 Fax: (586) 441-7899
INQUIRIES RELATED TO Special Investigation should be directed to:
HOT LINE: (586) 690 - 6241
Contact: (586) 447 - 4491