How do I dispose of unbundled or large volumes of brush, tree limbs, etc?

You can dispose of these on your own with a commercial facility or schedule the D.P.S. chipper service. There is a fee of $70 per hour with a minimum charge of $35 for up to a half-hour and you must sign a form to have this service performed. The chipper will accept limbs up to 8" in diameter (no stumps). The D.P.S. at 29411 Calahan can provide the Chipper Agreement form (PDF) and answer any questions. The application is also available on this website. You can mail, email, or return the form in person to the D.P.S.

Show All Answers

1. When can I place regular refuse, recyclable, compost, or bulk item curbside for residential collection?
2. Whom should I call if I have problems with the refuse collection?
3. What is considered a bulk item?
4. What size containers or bags can I use?
5. What about building materials?
6. How and when are grass, leaves, and yard materials picked up?
7. What are the compost collection guidelines?
8. How do I dispose of unbundled or large volumes of brush, tree limbs, etc?
9. What can I put in the Recycling bin / 64 gal cart?
10. How do I dispose of household hazardous wastes such as oil based paints, stains, cleaners, solvents, chemicals, glues, motor oil, lawn & garden sprays, or fertilizer?
11. How do I dispose of Latex Paint?
12. How do I know when to expect my trash pickup during a holiday week?
13. Are tires accepted in trash collection?
14. How do I dispose of a propane tank?
15. How do I dispose of needles (sharps)?
16. When can I expect snow plows to come down my street?
17. Where do I find a recreational vehicle sanitary dump station?
18. How do I have a tree planted at my home?