Community & Economic Development
Statement of Services
The Department of Community and Economic Development (CED) serves as a point of contact for business development, linking businesses with resources to assist with business attraction, retention and growth efforts. The Department also administers federal, state, and local community planning and development programs on behalf of the city, which funds local community development activities such as affordable housing, anti-poverty programs, and infrastructure development.
In addition, CED develops and administers annually the federal U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. CDBG provides funding for a variety of community programs with the goal of improving the quality of life for low and moderate-income residents. CDBG funding supports housing rehabilitation, code enforcement/rodent control, eligible public improvement projects, community services and services for senior citizens. CED partners and funds qualified non-profit organizations, eligible service providers and government agencies to accomplish the goals of the CDBG Program. The primary means towards this end is the development of partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and non-profit organizations.
For residents 62 years or older who qualify by income, the Community Development Department provides snow shoveling and grass cutting (cost based on income). Preregistration is required for both services. Register for grass cutting from February 1st through March 15th. Register for snow shoveling from September 1st through October 15th.
Annually, the Mayor and City Council appoint thirteen community volunteers to the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC). These volunteers meet with the Community Development staff several times a year to provide input to the CDBG Program; to review home improvement loan applications that require exceptions to the guidelines, to appear at public hearings; and to assist in the development of the annual program budget.
- CDBG Subrecipient Application for 2023-2024 Program Year Funding (PDF)
- Proposed Annual Action Plan for CDBG Program Year 2022-2023 (PDF) - open for Public Comment until June 4, 2022
- City of Roseville Master Plan (PDF)
- City of Roseville Public Participation Plan (PDF)
- City of Roseville Code of Ordinances
- City of Roseville Zoning Map (PDF)
- City of Roseville Planning Commission
- Roseville Planning Commission Agendas and Minutes
- City of Roseville Downtown Development Authority (DDA)
- Roseville DDA Agendas and Minutes
- Available Properties within the City of Roseville
- CDBG Block Grant Information
- CDBG Façade Improvement Program (PDF)
- Economic Development Profile (PDF)
- Utica Junction Town Center Improvement Plan (PDF)
- The Town Center Overlay District, April 2014 (PDF)
- Brewery Opportunity (PDF)
- Bike Walk Information
Permit Applications & Fees
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Fee Schedule